HCL Connections – Journey to Connections 8  

By Urs Meli | 2/27/23 10:10 AM | Infrastructure - Connections | Added by Wannes Rams

After the Connections 8 CR1 had been released, we upgraded our production environment. This is our journey

HCL Connections Docs 2.0.2 High CPU load  

By Urs Meli | 1/12/23 9:32 AM | Infrastructure - Connections | Added by Wannes Rams

We noticed on at least 2 environments, that the CPU load was around 100%, Memory usage 100% and Swap used 100%. Prior to the update, the servers ran happily and did not show any issues. The process list (htop) showed a lot of /opt/libreoffice7.2/program/soffice.bin tasks.

Keycloak and Kerberos  

By Urs Meli | 1/12/23 9:29 AM | Infrastructure - Connections | Added by Wannes Rams

Goal: Login to your Windows Client and do not have to login to Connections Motivation: Sure you can configure SPNEGO directly in WebSphere. But you might want to support OTP/WebAuthn for external users which are not in your AD?

Connections 6.5 – Invite first impressions   

By Urs Meli | 12/11/19 2:29 AM | Infrastructure - Connections | Added by Roberto Boccadoro

Yesterday we upgraded our productive environment from Connections 6.0 CR6 to 6.5. This time we decided to do an in-place update. Updateing the base from WAS to and 6.0 CR6 to 6.5 would have taken around 2 hours of downtime in our case. Because we had an invalid proxy-config.tpl file (our fault), which broke the install process, it took 4h. Next time we should check the xml files first…

IBM Connections Systemd on Centos / RHEL 7  

By Urs Meli | 5/29/19 7:58 AM | Infrastructure - Connections | Added by Matteo Bisi

Starting Deployment Manager as a SystemD Service. Save the code below to /etc/systemd/system/dmgr.service

IBM Connections - File Viewer 1.0.6 - Journey to Mime  

By Urs Meli | 12/15/14 1:14 PM | Infrastructure - Connections | Added by Johnny Oldenburger

We encountered a strange issue. We uploaded a thousends of files through the IBM SBT. Upon testing the files in the File Viewer 1.0.6 we saw that *.doc worked but the *.docx wouldn't. Having a quick look at the Files database showed, that all the docx/pptx had either no mime - type or the binary/octet-stream. After correcting the mime-type everything worked.